(As amended and passed by the LCA membership)
1. LCA adult memberships shall remain $20; LCA scholastic memberships shall remain $10.
2. LCA memberships shall be required for all Louisiana residents participating in LCA membership required adult chess tournaments.
3. LCA membership shall no longer be required for scholastic players competing in the Louisiana Scholastic State Championship.
4. In lieu of requiring LCA memberships for certain participants competing in the Louisiana Scholastic State Championship, all participants in the Louisiana Scholastic State Championship shall be required to pay an LCA scholastic surcharge of $3. The organizer of the event can choose to have this charged separately or as part of the entry fee. However, if the organizer chooses to charge and advertise this surcharge separately, the organizer must note how the funds from the surcharge shall be used.
5. The funds from the LCA scholastic surcharge shall be used exclusively to fund stipends for Louisiana qualifiers for the Arnold Denker Tournament of High School Champions, the Barber Tournament, and the Polgar Tournament, to the extent that such tournaments are held and Louisiana has a participant. The surcharge shall be split evenly among all such Louisiana representatives who attend and participate in such tournaments.